Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy Earth Day 2015!


Yup! That's totally my 32 weeks and 2 days belly ^_^ it's so round haha and even though my belly button is slowly disappearing I'm happy to say that I have not gained a stretch mark (yet). So originally I had planned for the kids to make their binoculars (binocular craft) for today since it is using recycled materials to make something new however we found these little 'spy kits' at Walmart that come with a camera, telescope, and binoculars and we had to get them lol. We are making a little summer gift set for the kids which is mostly going to be outside toys so they can use their imaginations out there. I really want to pick up a few learning activity books so that they can get some education in. I'm excited! lol

There I go rambling again! Since we aren't doing that craft anymore and since our town is holding an Earth Day event this afternoon the only thing I could come up with was a coloring activity for the whole family.
We all sat down at the kitchen table and just talked and colored/painted. It was great! Jacob did an amazing job with a little help from us to at least get earth to be blue and green lol. Here are the outcomes:
Kenny
Mine
Elaina, I decided to incorporate some learning with hers since there's no more homework this year
Jacob
 All of those were free printables found here:

We all enjoyed ourselves and it was a great family activity. I think I'm going to keep that up with every holiday, where we all sit down together and color some themed pages so we can display them around the house. Right now they are all nicely placed on the fridge so the kids can see them and be proud of their work. So, for today, once Elaina gets home from school we will be headed to the Earth Day celebration in town that I previously mentioned. There are supposed to be games, prizes, crafts, and music! This is the first time any of us have gone so I'm not too sure what to expect but as long as the kids enjoy themselves I'll be a happy camper. Well, it's about that time for lunch for me and Jacob while my amazingly handsome husband cuts the grass. Hopefully if I time it right I can have lunch made for him too but it's going to be hard to tell when he's almost finished lol. Anywho! Enjoy your Earth Day everyone and make a difference!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment