Monday, October 5, 2015

Why is it weird?

 
Lately at work the other shifts have been scheduled overtime, which means they end up working with us on Saturdays and some volunteers work Sundays too and on Fridays we work with them. Well this weekend it seems there was a curious bug going around towards me and Kenny. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday both of us were asked "how is it working with your wife/husband? or "is it weird working with your wife/husband?" What made it weird is that we were both asked by different people at different times since we work on opposite sides of the building lol.

These questions of course were answered with "its not weird at all" or "its great, why?" It got me thinking... why would it be weird? Or why is it a question to begin with? Kenny said he thinks it has a lot to do with the fact that most married people he knows have said something along the lines of "I love my husband/wife but I sure can't seem to be around them that long, they drive me insane". I find that extremely saddening and I don't really understand how you can love someone who you don't like being around. I love being around Kenny, he's my best friend and I talk with him about everything and anything. That's what marriage is supposed to be... right? I couldn't imagine being with someone who I couldn't bond with on that level or who I couldn't stand to be around for a long period of time. We disagree sometimes but always come to some sort of agreement or compromise at the end. We've never threatened to break-up or get a divorce. We don't yell at each other. We've never given each other ultimatums like "if you're gonna be this/that way then get your stuff and leave". We are literally one of the happiest couples I know lol and yes I might be a little biased about that haha but you're supposed to enjoy the company of the person you marry... how else would you be able to spend your lives together?

I love working with Kenny and I don't find anything weird about it at all. We still have loads to talk about since so many different things happen at work and we work around different people. I married a man who is just like me in so many ways and I really hope other people use us as inspiration of how a couple should be.


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment