Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Red Ribbon Week!


So I have been excited for the kids' "Red Ribbon Week" (spirit week) since before school even started and although I love the message this week gives to the kids I am highly disappointed in the themes for each day. This is when you can tell we live in the south when one day is "camo" day and the other is "team jersey" day. This family doesn't hunt... I don't like it and it's horrible and camo is probably one of the worst patterns in my opinion unless its the black and gray. Sure it's super easy to find them camo clothes but I'm not willingly putting them in the forest colors, they can choose to wear that mess when they are older. Then you have the team jersey day. I actually really do like football, if we had cable I'd probably watch it when I could however I wouldn't push the kids to enjoy my teams or to sit and watch. I get that it can be boring to a child because I still have to do something else while it's on so that being said I've never even thought to buy them anything football related. I definitely don't root for any Georgia teams which is all you find around here anyway unless you go to a sports store where everything is highly priced. It does say we can put them in team colors though.... Carolina Blue!

I guess what I'm getting at is that this week is pretty boring. Today is the only interesting day and it's because Jacob's school is doing nerd day and I can't wait to get him all dressed up. Elaina's is crazy socks.... no fun in that :( Oh well... I just hope next year is more exciting, maybe I can volunteer at the school and get some better ideas in the mix ;)

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment